Saturday, 24 June 2017

STRENGTH IN THE DAY OF ADVERSITY


Hi guys, I know it’s been ages since I last blogged here. Can you forgive me? Pretty please???
The truth is, I have been through a lot this year, so far, the journey has been far from smooth so much so that blogging has been the last thing on my mind.

 At the beginning of this year, I wrote a post on my facebook wall that it was going to be a beautiful year. But it looked like the devil sneered and was like “yea right, let’s see how that goes”, lol but I still stand by my words that this year is going to be a beautiful year for me irrespective of the bad start I've had, we are just rounding up the first half, the story will definately be different in the second half. The way I see it, everything happens for a reason; either to prevent a worse situation, create an opportunity for a bigger blessing, For one to learn from the situation or just to toughen one up, it’s all part of the process. At one time or the other, we may have found ourselves in awful situations where we just want to run and hide from everything. We nurse this hope that we can somehow wish it all away in the twinkle of an eye

I listened to a message recently and I was particularly drawn to the text from proverbs 24 :10 that says  “if thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small”. This really spoke to me in volumes, that God doesn't want us to keep whining or complaining  or be weak when we are faced with unpleasant situations but rather that is when we must remain strong and trust in his word.


·        Accept whatever has happened, living in denial doesn't help one bit.

·        Take time out to heal from your pain. Cry if you want, scream and let it all out. Vent as much as you can and don’t bottle up your emotions.

·        Give it to God and go to sleep. Really, what can worry do for you? It’s really therapeutic to know that there’s a higher being who is willing to take our worries and give us rest.(Mathew 11:28)


You see, God does not promise us a life devoid of problems, but He promises that when we go through the fire He would be with us (Isaiah 43:2), remember Daniel?(Daniel 3:24-26), isn’t this comforting?

 Sometimes God allows these things to happen to show forth His glory, to remind us that He is still God. Rather than worry or complain, the period of adversity is a time to build up your faith like never before. Trust in Gods own perfect time, he is always on time! Remember the Bible says that His ways are not ours neither are His thoughts ours as seen in Isaiah 55:8. No matter what you are going through just know that you are not alone, someone has been through the same situation or even worse.

This is just to encourage someone today, no matter what you’re going through it not going to last forever, there’s light at the end of the tunnel. You’re not alone, stay strong!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said!!GOD always comes through!